Walk Down the Path
When you walk down the path, you self-discover ways to make it work, or realize what is missing, or what some of the obstacles are.
- What can you write down or explore about why this pathway is important?
- What will you need to be able to make this a reality?
- What do you want it to look like?
- What obstacles might you encounter?
- What other options could you consider or explore?
Seek Expert Perspective
If there is uncertainty or confusion present, then what information is needed to understand how others have handled situations like this? How do these things usually turn out? Who may have some experience they can share with you?
- What is missing?
- Who do you need to consult?
- What questions would you have for them?
- Whom do you know who could provide this support?
- Whom do you know who can refer you to someone or help you find a qualified person?
Strengthen Your Capacity
One way to strengthen and expand capacity or develop resilience is to shift the view to another time when you overcame an insurmountable obstacle: remembering the circumstances and how they felt when they succeeded begins to create a new context for you. Then ask how to remember how that happened, what steps you took, and what attributes you brought to the problem. How does that apply here?
- What are you doing to take care of yourself mentally? Physically?
- How have you regenerated your reserves in the past?
- What attributes have you brought to other difficult situations?
- How do those apply here?
Being True to Yourself
Align with their best self, you will analyze, feelings and behaviors, and concentrate on how to remain true to yourself, your values and your purpose.
- Who do you know yourself to be when you are being your best?
- How do you feel about yourself and the work you do when you are at your best?
- What causes your intentions to derail and leads you to betray your best self?
- How do you identify when this is happening?
- Who can support you in helping you see it happening?
Defining the Next Step
Identify the small steps you can take to move forward and avoid any of the pitfalls from likely mistakes or from feeling overwhelmed.
- What small step can you take to be more effective?
- By when will you take that step?
- How important is that for you?
- How will you know you are successful?
- What could get in the way?
- How will you deal with that if it occurs?
©Certified Divorce Coach Program-Divorce Coaching Inc.